Man oh Man, I can’t wait to finish this particular blog because I hope that it sets you on FIRE or reignite your FIRE for the Lord. If you are a believer and has had an encounter with Jesus Christ through Worship, then you know exactly what I am talking about. The power of Worship is mind blowing to me. It’s like an escape from life and everything that is going on around you. There are miracles in Worship, there are breakthroughs in Worship, there is freedom in Worship, there is Joy in Worship and so much Power in Worship.
The Bible says in Psalm 22:3 that He actually lives and dwells in our praises. This is the mystery and the miracle of the breakthrough power and presence of God when we worship! When we worship, we affirm the truth of God’s Word, and it is being rooted deep in our hearts.
There are so many different ways to Worship our Heavenly Father but in this particular post I’m talking about the kind of Worship where you are singing praises to our Lord and Savior and you’re catapulted into another dimension. It’s a place where it is just you and Him and absolutely nothing else matters. I’m talking about the kind of Worship that sets you on fire for the Lord and you feel his presence and the love that he has for you so heavily. The kind of worship that when you are released you feel drunk from the Spirit of the Living God and light as a feather. It reminds me of what Heaven will feel like, oh so much FREEDOM. I love my life but I do look forward to having this feeling for an eternity.
I absolutely love Worship but I will be honest with you, sometimes life gets in the way of pure worship towards our Father. After a several days of not worshiping, I feel a little stale and on edge with anxiety slowly trying to seep into my spirit. Yes, I read my word, listen to sermons, share the Good Gospel, speak into others lives, and pray to him daily but it’s something about Worship. There is no replacement for Worship.
During Worship, I don’t ask God for anything on my behalf or anyone elses’ I just worship him with my whole heart with praise and Thanksgiving. I turn my attention away from worldly things and focus on his goodness and everything that he has already done. I’ve been in pain before mentally and/or physically and I just begin to worship and you can feel the same way. In worship, the Lord truly strips you of your concerns and worries and Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf. Lord, I cant tell you how many times I’ve seen God move because of Worship.
I encourage you to Worship God in the good times and hard times and see him lift you up. Want to know how to Worship God, let me give you some tips.
- If you are able to, play your favorite worship music and if you don’t have access to music right now you can sing your favorite song.
- Repent-ask the Lord to forgive you of any sins you are walking in that you have done knowingly and unknowingly. (you can do this first as well before singing.)
- Ask the Lord to renew your mind, heart, and emotions. Allow your heart to be open and love flow from you to Him and Him to you.
- Begin to praise him for what He has already done. The word of God says think on these things. (The apostle Paul said, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things and the God of peace will be with you” Philippians 4:8.) Begin to remember what he has done for you. Thank him for life, health, and strength.
- One way to quickly move into worship is to Boast about Him. One way to to do that is to call him his many names and characteristics according to the Word of God. Some of his names is Jehovah Jireh, Elohim, Advocate, Morning Star, Rose of Sharon, Lily of the Valley, All Consuming Fire, Author and Finisher, Alpha and Omega, and so much more. I encourage you to research this or purchase one of these books The Names of God.
- Let yourself just flow, if anything tries to distract you, rebuke it. Some of those distractions could be your own thoughts, the enemy speaking saying you don’t have time or you can’t Worship God due to sin or life circumstances.
- Remember, Worship takes a level of vulnerability and trust to totally allow yourself to just flow.
I have so many worship songs that I love, but I will post one of my favorites from YouTube below.